This 1 minute Easter Mug Cake is fun and quick to prepare. Serve chocolate sauce and ice-cream for a yummy dessert. Prepared in a microwave.
Serves 1 or 2.
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 mini Easter eggs
- Store bought chocolate sauce and ice cream to serve *optional but recommended
- Select your favourite mug (the larger the better)!
- Place butter into your mug, then put on a microwave safe plate (just in case of spillage over the mug) and microwave for 10 seconds (or until melted).
- Add egg, milk and vanilla essence and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into your mug and beat with a fork until smooth and well combined.
- Place mug into the microwave and cook for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Place the mini solid eggs into the cake batter then place the mug back into the microwave for a further 30 seconds on medium heat (be careful to not let it overflow).
- The cake should be cooked on the outside and slightly gooey in the middle.
- Take out of the microwave and top with chocolate sauce and ice cream.