We love this recipe for baked (Easter) eggs. The recipe is quite simple but with a few extra ingredients you can make a number of other (delicious) versions depending on what you have on hand.
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 1 Can Whole Tomatoes
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Coffee and Crusty Bread to serve
- Other versions:
- 50g Smoked Salmon & Fresh Chives
- 70g Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Basil
- 75g Ham & Handful of Baby Spinach leaves
- Heat a pan (ideally cast iron) on the stove for 5 minutes on high
- Turn down heat and add in tomatoes. Cook down tomatoes for a few minutes until they become soft.
- Crack eggs over tomatoes and any other choice of fillings.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lid on top of pan and cook for about 10 minutes until eggs become cooked to your liking (the whites should be cooked through but the yolk still soft).