This make-in-advance breakfast is perfect for travelling and can be tailored to suit your favourite flavours.
1 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries
1 tablespoon raw honey (+ 1-2 tablespoons optional)
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups almond milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Combine raspberries, honey, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mash raspberries until they begin to break down and resemble thick jam.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, cover with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large jar or bowl combine all oat ingredients (oats, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract) until thoroughly mixed. Add honey now if desired. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Layer oats with raspberry chia jam in two jars. Garnish with fresh raspberries or nuts if desired.
- Enjoy the oats cold, at room temperature, or even warmed up.